MOV is an exclusive format for high definition videos and is the original application used for all videos some time ago. Created by Apple, MOV is considered as a file format for Quicktime. Of course creating such high definition comes with a huge file size. Only a handful of times can fill up your laptop in no time. Don’t have an external hard drive? Why not use Clipchamps video compressor to compress MOV file.
The benefits of using Clipchamps’s video compressor for MOV Video Files:
- Clipchamp offers users to compress multiple MOV videos at once through the multi-batch function.
- It is completely safe – Clipchamp does not download or save ANY of your video files. They simply do not leave your computer.
- You can also easily sign up to an Unlimited Plan in a matter of minutes – receiving unlimited compressions and no watermarks.
- A free compression tool is also available with limited amounts of compressions, although refreshing every month. There will also be a small watermark in the bottom corner.
How to compress MOV video
1. Google Clipchamp.com in your browser
Open your browser and go to clipchamp.com and log in with your Google, Facebook or email and password.
2. Determine the file/s you want to compress
Drag and drop the video file you want to compress into the box, or simply click the box and select.
3. Compress MOV video files with these settings
As MOV is high definition, naturally the file size is going to be extremely large. We suggest converting your MOV file to MP4, as it will be compatible with any device, and a much easier way to share your video online. Either make the resolution 1080p or 720p, depending on how you are sharing your video. We also recommend keeping the quality as Medium, although you are welcome to go smaller. (tip: never make the file size bigger than its original state).
4. Alter your videos aesthetic
Once step 3 is completed, you can now alter the appearance of your video. Using the trim, freehand crop, flip and adjust the brightness or colour are all the tools. Although these editing tools are limited, further edit your video in Clipchamp Create. We offer a much wider range of editing tools such as transitions, audio and media, overlays and text. This step is optional.
5. Publish your finished product
Once you are finished, click “start”. While your video is saving, we offer users to share their video through Social Media or Google Drive by clicking the ‘Upload & Share’ button. After a few short moments, your video will be ready to save to your computer by clicking ‘Save’.
Compress MOV file to MP4 through Clipchamp’s online video compressor today – it’s that simple!