What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone create awesome video content! Since 2016 we’ve attracted nearly 8 million global users and counting, and that’s only the beginning!
We’re a rapidly growing startup, transforming the way people create and we’re looking for a Financial Controller to manage all aspects of finance needs to support our global growth – someone excited about playing a pivotal role in establishing core financial processes and reporting requirements as we scale. Reporting directly to Clipchamp CEO, you’ll be operating as a true generalist. Taking ownership of all numbers, you’ll love the variety between daily account reconciliations and managing budget to supporting investor relations and presenting stakeholder communications across all levels of the business.
As Clipchamp’s Financial Controller, you’ll be
- Supporting both AU and US teams with all things finance and accounting
- Supporting payment system and process setup within product development and SaaS revenues
- Preparing internal and external finance statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Handling monthly and quarterly preparation of BAS / IAS
- Managing budget, daily financial transactions and account reconciliations inclusive of payroll, payroll tax, and superannuation
- Working with internal and external stakeholders, accountants and auditors
Experience we’re looking for
- 8+ years progressive accounting and finance roles
- CA / CPA qualified with experience in SaaS business model
- Understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with US / AU setup (we’re a Deleware company with AU subsidiary)
- Technical knowledge (lightweight integrations, Zapier, etc.)
- Proficiency with Xero accounting software and Excel wiz
Bonus points if you love
- Startups – ever changing landscape, experimentation, innovation, and direct impact on the direction of a company
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary & share options
- Great city location and accessible transportation options
- Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.