What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Whether it’s in a professional or private context, videos get the point across easier and are simply more fun to consume. We exist to make sure they’re also fun to create!
Since 2013 we’ve published 3 products to-date, attracting nearly 7 million global users and counting! And that’s only the beginning… We’re transforming the way people create and we’re looking for a frontend/UI developer to join our growth team – someone who enjoys playing at the intersection of development, design and business, to impact everyday users in both their experience and conversation rates.
As a Clipchamp Growth Engineer, you are excited about delivering great UI and running your own experiments in browser, using the most advanced and modern frontend frameworks. You love defining, testing and optimising experiments, keeping product virality in focus and eager to share user insights with the whole team.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- design and run A/B testing and UI design experiments directly impacting millions of users in every country of the world
- collaborate with co-founders, growth hackers, designers and other developers in small cross-functional teams that directly impact strategic decisions related to core product functions and new features
- advance your career in a truly innovative environment, solving problems that have never been solved before
You’ll be bringing:
- a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, Maths or similar, paired with design and coding skills
- 2+ years experience in frontend development
- great communication – you can implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements without breaking a sweat
- Ambition to get things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and understanding the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Startups – incomplete briefs, unpredictability, urgency, the need for initiative and the rapid growth opportunities that come with it
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary & share options
- Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
- On-site Yoga & Pilates
- Team lunches & Sponsored social events
- Professional learning and development
- Employee Discount
Please submit work examples / github portfolio when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights in Australia