Senior Digital Product Designer (UX/UI)
What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Whether it’s in a professional or private context, videos get the point across easier and are simply more fun to consume. We exist to make sure they’re also fun to create!
Since 2013 we’ve published 3 products to-date, attracting nearly 6 million global users and counting! And that’s only the beginning… We’re transforming the way people create and we’re looking for a Senior Digital Product Designer to play in this awesomely innovative and evolving field with us – someone who enjoys being on the bleeding edge of creative design challenges, with a key focus on transforming insights into actions that result in user experiences people love.
As a Senior Digital Product Designer, you focus largely on UX with UI capability, strong in both concept and visuals. You know the difference between good and great work, practicing design excellence by consistently exploring new territory within cross-functional teams to uncover novel solutions and continuously refine your approach. It should go without saying, but you go above and beyond to understand user behaviour: prototyping, journey mapping, and ultimately identifying new UX problems to be solved.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- brainstorm and validate solutions in collaboration with co-founders, product managers, developers and growth hackers.
- make strategic design and user experience decisions related to core functions and new features
- translate feedback and concepts into intuitive user experiences for millions across the globe
- mentor team members and junior designers in the development and application of UX concepts
- advance your career in a highly-visible role with a passionate team, solving problems that have never been solved before
You’ll be bringing:
- 5+ years experience in product (UX/UI) design
- a portfolio of demonstrated digital product thinking on interactive products
- expertise in latest industry developments, design trends and user-centered design principles
- strong execution of wireframes, flowcharts, user journeys and visual UI designs
- proven ability creating high-fidelity mockups and prototypes using Sketch, InVision and Zeplin
- passion for developing a deep understanding of users and resolving user pain points
- great communication – you can pitch and rationalise without breaking a sweat, as well as build morale and consensus within a team
- Ambition to get things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and understanding the unique problems we’re solving for video-loving clients
- Startups – incomplete briefs, unpredictability, urgency and the need for initiative that comes with it
- Creative Suite, After Effects, Framer, Flinto or Principle are optional but favourable
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary & share options
- Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
- On-site Yoga & Pilates
- Team lunches & Sponsored social events
- Professional learning and development
- Employee Discount
Please submit work examples / portfolio with CV when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights in Australia