Senior Backend Developer
What is Clipchamp?
Clipchamp is the go-to video platform, providing all the tools to help anyone seamlessly become a creator of awesome video content. Our in-browser solution allows users to make high-quality, engaging videos, without relying on expensive equipment, complicated software or any previous video production experience. We also are paving the way on mobile, with an eagerly anticipated iOS app launch.
We have millions of registered users worldwide and are trusted by both small business and mid-large enterprise, educational organisations, influencers and creatives from around the globe.
We’re a software company, so engineering is at the heart of what we do. As part of the development team, you’ll be tackling technical challenges every single day. There’s never any guesses about what work will actually reach our users, it all does. You can be confident that your work will have an impact on the millions of users who love our product.
At Clipchamp, we endeavour to innovate. We believe the path to innovation lies in valuing questions, craving feedback and exploring new ideas. Developers are encouraged to take ownership and drive change, and we’ll support you in receiving the resources needed to get the job done. Our engineers are valued, and we ensure you the respect of being treated like an expert in your field.
We choose to use the browser like an operating system and handle files and operations in the browser for which browsers weren’t built. All of our video editing and exporting is executed on the client side, which is why we use tech like React, WebAssembly, FFmpeg, and OpenGL. Our backend is Python-based, and runs on Google Cloud and AWS.
As a Senior Backend Developer, you’ll be
- Collaborating on technical decisions related to our in-browser video editing infrastructure and improving product performance using Python, Google Cloud, and AWS
- Directly impacting strategic decisions with co-founders, growth hackers, designers, and other developers in small cross-functional teams
Who we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience in backend software development
- Passion for cloud computing and cloud storage
- Drives collaboration in your own team and across squads – you can consider others’ ideas, implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements and empathise with users without breaking a sweat
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and contributing to the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Startups – ever changing landscape, experimentation, innovation, and direct impact on the direction of a company
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Impressive tech stack & state of the art technology
- Providing your preferred OS and custom ordered machine
- Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
- Team lunches & social events
- Sponsored learning and development
Please submit work examples when applying: website / github / opensource / portfolio link when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, nationality, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.