What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Since 2014 we’ve published 3 products to-date, attracting nearly 7 million global users and counting, and that’s only the beginning!
We’re transforming the way people create and we’re looking for emerging Frontend Developers to play in this awesomely innovative and evolving field with us – graduates who enjoy learning the most advanced and modern frontend frameworks, challenging their current coding knowledge and skillset, and solving real user problems among intelligent, talented mentors.
As a Clipchamp dev, you are excited about building a technically demanding application, rather than a website. You strive for excellence by not only delivering high quality code, but also are more interested in doing something properly than to keep fixing it. You are driven and curious by default, using data and experiments to learn and iterate quickly, excited when gaining insights that help you develop better, faster and with higher quality.
What you’ll be doing
- building and shipping working software that solves problems for millions of people in every country of the world
- expanding your experience and depth of knowledge in latest versions of Angular, React, Typescript, ES6 and ESNext
- collaborating with co-founders, growth hackers, designers and other developers in small cross-functional teams
- directly impacting strategic decisions related to core product functions and new features
- accelerating your career development in a truly innovative environment, solving problems that have never been solved before
You’ll be bringing:
- completed coursework in computer science, software engineering, or similar degree program
- demonstrated coding experience through github, opensource projects, or previous contracting and internship roles
- demonstrated experience working effectively in teams
- great communication and collaborative approach – both verbal and written
- ambition to get things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and contributing to the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Startups – incomplete briefs, unpredictability, urgency, the need for initiative and the rapid growth opportunities that come with it!
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Impressive tech stack & state of the art technology
- Providing your preferred operating system/dev environment of choice
- Flexible schedule & work-life balance supporters
- Team lunches & Sponsored social events
- Professional mentorship, learning and development
- Employee Discount
Please submit work examples: website / github / opensource / portfolio, with university transcripts when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights in Australia