Human Resources Intern
What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Whether it’s in a professional or private context, videos get the point across easier and are simply more fun to consume. We exist to make sure they’re also fun to create!
Since 2013 we’ve published 3 products to-date, attracting nearly 7 million global users and counting! And that’s only the beginning… We’re transforming the way people create and we’re looking for Human Resources enthusiasts to join us in learning more about flat-organisations, tech environments, the future of work, and the processes that support keeping talented minds moving in one-unified direction – enthusiasts who enjoy applying course theory to real world business scenarios, understanding best practice for high-performing teams, and open to some challenging and thought-provoking projects!
As a Clipchamp Human Resources Intern, you will enjoy a steep learning curve in a constantly changing environment. Supervised directly by our Head of Culture and Talent, you will be challenged to deep-dive into a specific HR topic, mentored to turn data-driven thinking into customised people solutions, and finish confident in your ability to professionally network, apply your learning to future employment opportunities, and become a true business partner with company leaders and colleagues.
Clipchamp Human Resources Internships follow a research, apply, and network approach for tackling HR concepts to perfectly bridge your academic coursework with real exposure to industry for a maximum of 30 days over a single university semester.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- expand depth of knowledge toward an HR topic of interest, including but not limited to: Candidate Attraction and Marketing, Organisational Culture, Employee Benefits, Employee On-boarding, Recruitment and Selection
- customise your internship plan in collaboration with our Head of Culture and Talent to ensure learning objectives and tasks best fit your personal career goals
- understand employee needs, communication and working styles in technology and flexible-work environments
- develop communication skills working alongside business leaders
- network with HR professionals and attend industry events
- accelerate your career development in a truly innovative environment, gaining exposure to real business and people problems
You will be:
- currently studying final year undergraduate or master’s degree coursework in a related business field
- motivated by new challenges, with a passion for Human Resources
- Self-managed, organised, and attentive to details
- An excellent communicator – both verbal and written
- A natural problem-solver, with previous experience in customer service or admin preferred
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and understanding the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Startups – incomplete briefs, unpredictability, urgency, the need for initiative and the rapid growth opportunities that come with it
Please submit university transcripts and a cover letter detailing your internship and topic interest with CV when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please note: This internship requires that you are currently studying a related course, able to fulfil planned internship hours in accordance with valid Australian working rights and eligible for university approval to undertake an internship experience for the 2019 calendar year.