Senior Frontend Developer
What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Since 2014 we’ve published 3 products to-date, attracting nearly 7 million global users and counting, and that’s only the beginning!
We don’t build websites. We build computationally powerful applications in browser languages.
Being the world’s first in-browser video editing platform, we tackle hard technical challenges every single day. We chose to use the browser like an operating system and handle files and operations in the browser for which browsers weren’t built. We care deeply about technical expertise, enjoying every second of what we do and millions of users love our platform.
We’re not religious about our tech stack, but we are pragmatic. Tech serves a purpose and if we find one that’s better suited for us, we use it! Generally, we’re adopting bleeding edge tech earlier than others. We’re upgrading our editing platform to every new Angular version the week it comes out, but we’re not married to Angular and use React in areas it makes sense.
We adopt and leverage PNaCl and WebAssembly early, and soon SIMD for WebAssembly to leverage every bit of computing power we can get our hands on. If new technology excites you — we get it. It excites us too!
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you’ll be
- Solving problems that have never been solved before
- Building and shipping working software that solves problems for millions of people in every country of the world
- Collaborating on technical decisions related to core product and new features in small cross-functional teams
- Directly impacting strategic decisions with co-founders, growth hackers, designers and other developers
- Advancing your career in a truly innovative environment
Who we’re looking for
- 4+ years experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated frontend experience with SPA/PWA Web stacks such as Angular, React, or Vue
- Passion for strong dev practices that maximise quality so users consistently experience properly working software
- Great communication – you can consider others’ ideas, implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements, and empathise with users without breaking a sweat
- Ambition to get things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and contributing to the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Startups – incomplete briefs, unpredictability, urgency, the need for initiative and the rapid growth opportunities that come with it!
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary & share options
- Impressive tech stack & state of the art technology
- Providing your preferred operating system/dev environment of choice
- Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
- Team lunches & Sponsored social events
- Professional learning and development
Please submit work examples: website / github / opensource / portfolio link when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.