Senior Full Stack Developer
What is Clipchamp?
We’re a Brisbane-based video-tech company whose unique, in-browser applications overcome limitations of both desktop and cloud-based alternatives with one simple mission: to help everyone become a creator of awesome video content! Whether it’s in a professional or private context, videos get the point across easier and are simply more fun to consume. We exist to make sure they’re also fun to create!
Since 2013 we’ve published 3 products to-date, attracting nearly 7 million global users and counting! And that’s only the beginning… We’re transforming the way people create and we’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to play in this awesomely innovative and evolving field with us – someone who enjoys using the most advanced and modern frontend frameworks, with a sound understanding and appreciation for API design.
As a Senior Full Stack Developer, you are excited about building a technically demanding application, rather than a website. You strive for excellence by not only delivering high quality code, but also are more interested in doing something properly than to keep fixing it. You are curious by default, using data and experiments to learn and iterate quickly, excited when gaining insights that help you develop better, faster and with higher quality.
You’ll have the opportunity to
- build and ship working software that solves problems for millions of people in every country of the world
- leverage and continue expanding experience and depth of knowledge in latest versions of Angular, React, Typescript, ES6 and ESNext
- directly impact strategic decisions related to customer integrations and core product functions
- collaborate with co-founders, growth hackers, designers and other developers in small cross-functional teams
- advance your career in a truly innovative environment, solving problems that have never been solved before
You’ll be bringing
- 4+ years professional experience in front and back-end development
- demonstrated frontend experience with SPA/PWA Web stacks such as Angular (preferred) or React
- solid experience with authentication, cloud computing and cloud storage
- strong dev practices that help maximise quality so that users consistently experience properly working software
- updated knowledge of latest industry developments
- a collaborative approach – you can implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements without breaking a sweat
- Ambition to get things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
Bonus points if you love
- Online video and understanding the technically challenging problems we’re solving
- Startups – incomplete briefs, unpredictability, urgency, the need for initiative and the rapid growth opportunities that come with it
- Maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about! We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in browser, including encoding the final video – but we did
Clipchamp Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary & share options
- Flexible work & work-life balance supporters
- On-site Yoga & Pilates
- Team lunches & Sponsored social events
- Professional learning and development
- Employee Discount
Please submit work examples / github portfolio with CV when applying.
All candidate inquiries are confidentially reviewed by Clipchamp staff. Unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies will not be accepted or reviewed.
Clipchamp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to ensuring an inclusive workplace where all our people feel valued for their uniquity. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. All applicants require current and valid working rights in Australia