Senior Digital Product Manager
At Clipchamp we have a simple mission: help everyone to become a creator of awesome video content.
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Product Manager to take our product to the next level – someone who sees our vision and excitedly defines what we build and when we build it! A past-life UX designer/developer, you’ll love acting as the HUB of our organisation, working with the complexity of reaching into the unknown with developers and know how to influence discussions across business, design, and tech. You’ll enjoy staying up-to-date with the latest and greatest product management techniques, remain vigilant in transforming market data insights into product strategy and as founding member of our product management team will also shape it as we scale.
Reports to: CEO
Location: The Precinct, Fortitude Valley
Coordinate alignment between our cross-functional design, development, and growth teams toward one strategic direction to shape cutting-edge technology.
You should be
- experienced, with over seven years in digital product management driving new software development and release
- well-versed in software engineering and UX design
- always up to date on the latest industry and market developments
- a master of current product management tools and processes
- successful in fully-owning a long-term product roadmap with a deep understanding of task flows, resource allocation and agile frameworks
- able to provide direction to teams and articulate a clear vision, strategy, scope, and success metrics
- analytical enough to trust data and let facts influence your project prioritisation and strategy
- comfy working in a startup environment (a.k.a with incomplete briefs, overtime, unpredictability, urgency and the need for initiative that comes with it)
- strong on soft-skills: you’re flexible, objective and pragmatic, with an ability to influence discussions, implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements
- skilled in overseeing the end-to-end development phase, acting as a point of escalation for teams
- a people person and a great communicator – you can pitch and rationalise without breaking a sweat (internally and externally), as well as building morale and consensus within the team
- experienced (5 – 10 years)
- all about product / project management
- comfortable in product-centric organisations
- well-versed in dev processes
- working with people in particular with customers, designers, developers and growth hackers
- being curious and gaining insights that help you strategise better
- getting things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
- an ambitious environment than continuously challenges you
- looking forward and tackling a challenge rather than looking backwards and debating what-ifs
- maxing out what browsers can do, that’s what we’re about. We were told you can’t build a video editing platform in the browser including encoding the final video, and we still did!
At the heart of everything we do is the desire to make working with video easy for people all over the globe.
When we first started, we had created a simple way to compress any video file to a fraction of its original size. So much has happened since then but our vision remains the same: make video easy.
As the most popular type of content on the web, video is also the most time consuming and challenging to create. We’re proud to say that’s what we’ve changed – our products enable anyone to create great video. We’ve signed up over 5 million registered users in the last 24 months and with your help we’ll accelerate growth.
Based in Brisbane, you’ll be working within the product team on our new in-browser video editor. We’re located in Qld’s startup precinct, alongside River City Labs and many exciting ventures, startups & companies.
Come join us! We look forward to hearing from you.