Lead Digital Product Designer
At Clipchamp we have a simple mission: help everyone to become a creator of awesome video content.
We’re looking for a Lead Digital Product Designer to join us – someone with key focus on the end user who is no stranger to working across design, strategy, and research. You deeply value digging into the “why?” before defining the “what” and “how”.
As a Clipchamp designer, you know the difference between good and great work. You practice design excellence by not only delivering best practices, but also by exploring new territory to continually refine your approach. It should go without saying, but you go above and beyond to understand user behaviour, solve problems, and design products and experiences that people love to use.
You should be
- experienced, with over five years in digital design or a related field
- always up to date on the latest industry developments
- both a thinker and doer: a leader of sprints and QA who can own your products through every step of the life cycle
- informed by a deep understanding of end-to-end digital product design processes from journey mapping, information architecture, wireframing and prototyping, to user testing and the value of written content
- comfy working in a startup environment (a.k.a with incomplete briefs, overtime, unpredictability, urgency and the need for initiative that comes with it)
- able to facilitate workshops and conduct (qualitative and quantitative) research
- strong on soft-skills: you’re flexible, objective and pragmatic, with an ability to lead discussions, implement new methods, surface and resolve disagreements
- able to oversee product development systems, set task flows, allocate resources and monitor capacity
- confident in leading a team, as well as delivering user-centred digital products that are not only a joy to use but are also underpinned by our solid business model
- a master of current design and project management tools
- a people person and a great communicator – you can pitch and rationalise without breaking a sweat (internally and externally), as well as building morale and consensus within the team
- experienced (5 – 10 years)
- all about experience design
- comfortable in running workshops and leading the design team
- well-versed in dev processes
- working with people in particular with other designers, developers and growth hackers
- being curious and gaining insights that help you design better
- getting things done, now, the fast lane, no bureaucracy, idleness is boring
- an ambitious environment than continuously challenges you
- looking forward and tackling a challenge rather than looking backwards and debating what-ifs
You know how to use
- Sketch, Invision and Zeplin
- Creative Suite
- After Effects, Framer, Flinto or Principle are optional but favourable
At the heart of everything we do is the desire to make working with video easy for people all over the globe.
When we first started, we had created a simple way to compress any video file to a fraction of its original size. So much has happened since then but our vision remains the same: make video easy.
As the most popular type of content on the web, video is also the most time consuming and challenging to create. We’re proud to say that’s what we’ve changed – our products enable anyone to create great video. We’ve signed up over 5 million registered users in the last 24 months and with your help we’ll accelerate growth.
Based in Brisbane, you’ll be working within the product team on our new in-browser video editor. We’re located in Qld’s startup precinct, alongside River City Labs and many exciting ventures, startups & companies.
Come join us! We look forward to hearing from you.