With busy schedules and limited time in mind, we’re here to show you a simple way to make your video editing in Clipchamp even easier, while eliminating time between your keyboard and mouse - cue, Clipchamp shortcuts.
Clipchamp keyboard shortcuts can save editing time, simplify your workload, and help you easily maneuver around the editor!
Firstly, what is a keyboard shortcut? 🤔
Simply put, a keyboard shortcut is a combination of keys used to execute certain tasks that would usually require a mouse click. They provide a very simple, fast way to implement repetitive tasks - for example I’m sure we’ve all used Ctrl+V to paste something easily into a document or email.
Adopting this behaviour, Clipchamp shortcuts makes editing videos a little bit easier by providing key combinations to action tasks that would usually require you to use your mouse.
So let’s jump into it! We’ve created this visual document to showcase the 20 Clipchamp shortcuts for you to enjoy and use as a resource.
Complete list of Clipchamp keyboard shortcuts:
1. Undo: Cmd/Ctrl + Z
2. Redo: Cmd/Ctrl + ↑ + Z
3. Split selected items: S
4. Delete selected items: DEL or BACKSPACE
5. Copy selected items: Cmd/Ctrl + C
6. Paste: Cmd/Ctrl + V
7. Duplicate selected items: Cmd/Ctrl + D
8. Zoom timeline in: Cmd/Ctrl + plus or Cmd/Ctrl + ↑ + plus
9. Zoom timeline out: Cmd/Ctrl + minus or Cmd/Ctrl + ↑ + minus
10. Zoom timeline to fit content: Cmd/Ctrl + 0
11. Seek to start: Cmd/Ctrl + ← or HOME
12. Seek to end: Cmd/Ctrl + → or END
13. Scrub back: ←
14. Scrub forward: →
15. Scroll timeline up: ↑
16. Scroll timeline down: ↓
17. Select all items: Cmd/Ctrl + A
18. Deselect all items: ESC
19. Play/pause: SPACE
20. Show keyboard shortcuts: ↑ + / or Cmd/Ctrl + /
Full list of Clipchamp shortcuts:
And that’s a wrap!
Give learning a few Clipchamp shortcuts a go and make your video editing a little easier.