Everyone seems to be using MP4 format for every video file these days, as its supported on PC, Mac and mobile devices. There is only one problem standing in the way of simple video sharing, and that’s file size. Being one of the most popular video formats, MP4 is well known for having high definition and high quality videos, although they can take up miles of disk space. Clipchamp video compressor for MP4 video files allows you to shrink your MP4 video files with a click of a button, and it’s free.
Compress MP4 video files with Clipchamp
- The Clipchamp video compressor has 7 different resolution qualities for you to choose from, without having to change your MP4 format.
- You can compress as many videos as you like on the unlimited plan in a matter of minutes. The free version offers you a limited amount of compressions but renews monthly, with a small watermark in the corner of your video.
- It’s completely safe: Clipchamp video compressor runs through your browser – the videos do not leave your computer.
- Multiple videos can be compressed at once with batch uploads.
Compress MP4 video to a smaller size, online, for free. Follow our step by step guide below.
1. Search Clipchamp.com in your browser
Open your browser and go to clipchamp.com and log in with your Google, Facebook or email and password.
2. Click the video file you want to compress
Drag and drop the video file you want to compress into the box, or simply click the box and select.
3. Pick out your desired compression settings
When choosing your compression settings for an MP4 video file, it’s best to leave the format in MP4. There is no need to change the format. You can keep the resolution as it is, or change it to 1080p or 720p. Either keep the quality as Medium or change it to Small (Tip: don’t make your video bigger than its original resolution as it will increase your video file size).
4. Alter the appearance of your video
When compressing your MP4 video, you can alter the look of your video by using the basic editing tools. Trim, freehand crop, flip and adjust the brightness or colour are all available to use. You are also able to skip this step if you are happy with your video appearance already. There are also many more editing options in Clipchamp Create for you to check out. Our video editor enables you to choose many more advanced editing tools to change your existing video if you desire. Adding text can be done in Clipchamp Create. Browse our ‘How to add text to a video 2019’ if you are unsure how.
5. Produce your video
Once you are happy with the final result of your video, click “start”. While your video is saving, we offer users to share their video through Social Media or Google Drive by clicking the ‘Upload & Share’ button. After a few short minutes, your video will be ready to save to your computer by clicking ‘Save’.
Clipchamp video compressor for MP4 videos is an easy way to quickly compress MP4 files either on your PC or Mac. Start compressing your video files online today, for free.