Instagram has a particular format they want their videos to be in when uploading. The video must be MP4 and a maximum of 1080p. Luckily if you have a video that does not match those requirements, Clipchamp’s online video compressor can help! This video compressor for Instagram is easy to use, and you can upload your new video in minutes. Here’s how:
Here’s why you should use Clipchamps’s video compressor for Instagram videos:
- Compress videos for Instagram in seconds! If you need a video to post as soon as possible, Clipchamp’s video compressor will do the trick.
- It’s free to sign up, with a limited number of compressions available but refreshes every month.
- You can also crop your videos to a square 1:1 dimension if your video is too wide for Instagram with the video alteration tool.
- Your content will not be taken by Clipchamp, it’s completely safe.
How to compress videos for Instagram
1. Seek Clipchamp.com in your Google Chrome browser
Open your browser and go to clipchamp.com and log in with your Google, Facebook or email and password.
2. Prefer from among choices the file you want to compress
Drag and drop the video file you want to compress into the box, or simply click the box and select.
3. Compress videos for Instagram
Instagram has particular video requirements that must be met when uploading. Your video must be compressed to an MP4 file if it is not already. The resolution must be nothing over 1080p, so we recommend compressing your Instagram video to 1080p or 720p and smaller. The quality should be kept as Medium.
4. Edit the videos visual appearance
If your video doesn’t yet match the Instagram appearance guidelines, you can alter this in the fourth stage of compression. The crop tool lets you crop your video to a square 1:1 dimension, as well as the trim tool to alter the length to nothing over 60 seconds. Instagram requires all videos to be 1:1 and shorter than 60 seconds. If you are still unsure as to how long your video can be in total, check out our ‘How long can Instagram videos be?’ blog online. The colour and brightness can also be adjusted in this step. If you video is already square, the required length and colour, skip this step. If you wish to further edit your video with more advanced settings, go ahead and log into Clipchamp Create.
5. Publish your compressed video
Once you are finished, click “start”. While your video is saving, we offer users to share their video through Social Media or Google Drive by clicking the ‘Upload & Share’ button. After a few short moments, your video will be ready to save to your computer by clicking ‘Save’. Since Instagram is mobile only, you can download your video and share to Instagram on your mobile.