Whether it’s graduation day, first soccer game or last night’s dinner, we all love to share our personal videos with others. WhatsApp is a popular form of communication and sharing platform for media files. With over 1 billions people using the app in over 180 countries, video messages are becoming more and more popular. Although, how do you send large video files through WhatsApp when they have a restricting 16 MB video limit? Clipchamp video compressor for WhatsApp allows you to do so. Here’s how to compress videos for WhatsApp with Clipchamp.
Why you should use Clipchamps’s video compressor for WhatsApp:
- The Clipchamp video compressor allows you to convert your video to MP4 format, perfectly compatible for WhatsApp.
- Compress video files to mobile sending size, without losing the original video quality.
- The Clipchamp video compressor comes with basic editing tools so you can trim, freehand crop, flip and adjust the colour / brightness before sending your clip.
- You can compress as many videos as you like on the unlimited plan in a matter of minutes. The free version offers you a limited amount of compressions but renews monthly, with a small watermark in the corner of your video.
Statistics show over 1 billion people send video messages via WhatsApp per day! Want to start compressing your video files for WhatsApp? Here’s a quick step by step brief on how to compress videos for WhatsApp.
1. Go to Clipchamp.com
Open your browser and go to clipchamp.com and log in with your Google, Facebook or email and password.
2. Select the file you want to compress
To compress videos for WhatsApp, drag and drop the video file you want to compress into the box, or simply click the box and select.
3. Choose your compression settings
If it isn’t already, we recommend making your video MP4 for the best playback on WhatsApp. You can keep the resolution as is, or change it to 720p or 360p for the fastest sending time. Either keep the quality as Medium or change it to Small (Tip: don’t make your video bigger than its original resolution as it will increase your video file size).
4. Edit the look of your video
You can alter the look of your video by using the basic editing tools. Trim, freehand crop, flip and adjust the brightness or colour are all available to use. You are also able to skip this step if you are happy with your video appearance already. If you would like to further edit your video with more advanced tools, Clipchamp Create is an awesome, more detailed video editor that you can use. This allows you to add in transitions, text, advanced colour changes and more. Not sure how to make your video stand out from the crowd? Check out all our video templates you are free to use.
5. Publish your video
Simply click “start” when you are happy with your video. While you wait, consider uploading to Social Media or Google Drive by clicking the ‘Upload & Share’ button. After a few short minutes, your video will be ready to save to your computer by clicking ‘Save’.
Clipchamp video compressor for WhatsApp is a fast, easy and free way to compress your video files. Start compressing your video files online today.